Monday, January 8, 2007

Food as truth...

It has occurred to me recently that food is the one universal truth. In the past I have heard it said that music might be, or even love- but no; I'm pretty sure it's food. All people eat, and as such all cultures have developed their own food-based personalities. You can go to India without speaking the language, but you can enjoy the food. A trip to France would just be wasted if you didn't indulge your inner gastronomic snob while you were there, right? Even Adam and Eve succumbed to the call of food.

Well, I might not be going to India, France or Eden any time soon, but I am planning on bringing you the very best (and worst) of my food encounters right here on this very blog.

What's more, it's Restaurant Week here in the fair city of Washington, D.C.. What better time to start a food blog than this, eh?

This week I shall set out to review an old favorite as well as some new places. Restaurant Week is a great time to sample everything from Indian to classic American to Moroccan- and I plan on doing just that.

Oh, incidentally, I don't advise reading this blog without a snack at hand.

No comments: